Leading international architecture and design practice in London are seeking a Workplace Interior Designer to join their team of design thinkers and doers. You will be experienced in handling the client process, with excellent presentation and relationship building skills, and the ability to understand and interpret client needs and requirements.
You will be passionate about developing the best details to realise the creative potential for each project, this will include working with a wide range of styles and materials. A strong attention to detail, proportions and technical acumen is required and high quality joinery detailing experience too for these complex design projects.
Our technical and detail designers work collaboratively and enthusiastically with the design teams to develop the concepts. We look for detail designers that have a self-starting, motivated approach and will enjoy learning new ways of working. You will also engage with our company standards and deliver drawing packages for Interior Design projects for high-end hospitality, Food & Beverage and lifestyle projects.
Responsibilities of the Workplace Interior Designer:
- Works under minimum supervision to prepare finished drawings from sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
- Setting up project drawing packages.
- May perform as CAD project coordinator.
- Will perform in a designer capacity for bespoke items.
- Provide cohesive and rational technical solutions which conform to the project brief and are technically, legally and financially responsible.
- Preparation of technical analysis and research into appropriate materials and construction systems and techniques.
- Prepares design development and construction packages for production in accordance with criteria established by the project Senior Technical Coordinator.
- Under supervision, prepares documentation for tender, and participates in tender review meetings, and making adjustments to the design or specifications.
- Reviews mock-ups, material and finish submittals prior to final review.
Requirements of the Workplace Interior Designer:
- Demonstrable experience of Detail Interior Design.
- A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential.
- A working knowledge of project information databases and specification writing.
- Has a good understanding of FF&E, colour and material specification and development.
- Revit knowledge would be advantageous. Practical experience is very highly valued for this position.
- Demonstrable presentation and client relations skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture Technology from an accredited school.
- Excellent graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Excellent collaboration skills, good self-organisation and strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven professional experience essential.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this Workplace Interior Designer role then please get in touch with Deborah D’Silva.
Leslie Gill Architect is an award-winning, New York City based design and architecture firm that has created spaces for schools, residences, offices, and institutions. It has gained a reputation for executing innovative design. With existing ties to Columbia University, and the Architectural League of New York, participation in the larger NYC architectural community is encouraged.
In the vitality of a design atelier; landscapes, buildings, interiors, installations and furniture, are developed simultaneously with equal attention to technical invention and professional rigor. In the studio, individual design and research quests are merged with collaborative endeavors allowing for a vibrant learning environment. LGA offers a competitive pay and benefits package.
Leslie Gill Architect seeks an intermediate architect with a rigorous background in both design and construction to join the studio and work on all phases of project development at a variety of scales.
- Professional B. Arch. or M. Arch. degree required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional work experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Construction administration and project management experience is desirable.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Fluency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio as a single PDF (10MB maximum) to email with "Intermediate Architect" in the subject line for consideration.